Sunday, September 26, 2010

A little late to the party...


I had put up a blog in my professional life and found how difficult it is to generate interest. I did it as a part of trying to collaborate with a local institution. However, despite the energy at the meeting, it did not carry over to participation on the blog. Therefore, I have deleted it and am going to try my hand at a more personal blog.

I've been living in suburban Long Island now for the past seven years working and watching my children grow. I'm a refugee from NYC where I was born and raised and while I'm only 35 minutes away on the LIRR, sometimes it feels like I could be in Georgia (where I really did once live).

For example, today I'm at home with the kids and I sent the picture above to my wife who's touring Governor's Island with her sister. We have a running battle with the kids over the amount of media consumed by them on a daily basis. We have a bit of a visual joke going on here as my son has a carton of ice cream in his hands and my daughter is holding the remote while I am subdued with their jump ropes.

1 comment:

  1. Ember would like to borrow the remote contol, the ice cream, and of course the jump rope. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete