Friday, December 31, 2010


Great show at the Bowery Ballroom.  It was Patti Smith's 64th birthday and although it was a long wait for her to come on, she rewarded the wait with a great show.  Standing for 4 hours in one place to secure a good line of sight definitely took a toll on my body.  When I bought the tickets my wife asked incredulously, "How old are you?"

I have to admit concert going is not my strong suit.  I had a very pleasant experience over in Hoboken (less crowded, smaller venue, lower wait time) and thought I could reproduce it at the Bowery Ballroom--not so easy.  The most wonderful part of the entire evening was the lack of smoke: how many times in my youth have I endured the same tortuous process only to have it aggravated by clouds of tobacco smoke?  Too many!

No comments:

Post a Comment